Monday, February 19, 2007

FO and weekend shopping spree.

I finished my wrister warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts last week. They were pretty easy and quick to knit, but I don't know how much I'll wear them since it's too cold out there right now.
I stopped by LK Yarns on friday and picked up a bunch of sale yarn, as if I needed more yarn. I do have plans for all of it though. The Patons Katrina will be used to make a couple shrugs, that multi-coloured stuff in the bottom right will make a nice lacey scarf and the purple cotton in the left will make booties and a hat if my sister has a baby girl. If she has a boy, I will have to rethink it. As you can tell, I am hoping for a girl.

The yarn wasn't the last of my weekend shopping. I also went to Simmons and ordered a new bed. After sleeping on a 30 year old mattress (clealy a hand-me-down) I figured it was time to upgrade. Now if bowling balls were to drop on my bed beside me, I can sleep undisturbed.

3 comments:

lulubelle said...

Congrats on the FO, that colour is gorgeous!
And yes, since falling bowling balls are absolutely rampant in this city, I am so glad they will not be able to disturb your rest.

Anonymous said...

We bought a new queen size bed 2 yrs ago when we moved to our house. Best thing we ever bought, especially since we needed the room for me, mr moe AND the 65 lb snugglebunny of a dog.

The wrist warmers are great! Nice design...

Alison said...

I thought I was having a girl, but when I had a boy, I realised that everything I had knit was blue!

Nice wristwarmers by the way!