Saturday, March 03, 2007

Filing in space

Haven't finished a project in a while. I have been knitting, but as always, I am working on several things at once and have not finished any of them. So here is some mindless meme stuff to fill in space and let you all know that this blog is still alive.

**Go to the google search engine and type in your name and the words "needs" after it, i.e. "Morgan needs". Write down the discription that appears.

"Julie - Needs Early Start"

Hmmm... What do I need an early start on? Maybe I should figure that out so that I can get started.

Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.

1892 - St. John's, Newfoundland was devastated in the Great Fire of 1892.
1969 - IBM CICS is made generally available for the 360 mainframe computer.
1997 - Mayo Clinic researchers warn that the dieting-drug "fen-phen" can cause severe heart and lung damage.

1958 - Kevin Bacon, American actor
1970 - Beck, American singer

1999 - Pete Conrad, American astronaut (b. 1930)

Boy was I born on an important day!

1 comment:

Alison said...

OMG! Kevin Bacon is nearly 50!!!!! I saw Footloose in the movie theatre. And now Kevin Bacon is nearly 50! This means I'm OLD!!!!!!!