Monday, April 23, 2007

Socks, sisters and apples.

This is the pair of socks that I started two years ago and finally finished a couple weeks ago. These socks did some travelling while I worked on them. They have been on the CCGS Hudson on the Grand Banks and well as on the CCGS Matthew surveying the Swiss Air crash site. They were also the project that I brought the very first time I every came to KOL. I think they will make very nice work socks. Oh yes, they are Patons Kroy socks yarn on 2.25 mm needles.

This is my sister and her dog showing off the nursery for the new baby. They got it all set up while I was visiting them a few weeks ago. I don't think Winston is going to enjoy the lack of attention he will get once the new addition to the household comes!


And this is my most recent addition to my household. A 2.0GHz 17" iMac. I got it on friday. I am still trying playing around the OS. It's been a long time since I have used a mac, but so far it's pretty cool. They are a lot of neat little apps and it's very pretty. I am still having internet connection problems though. Not only if my connection as slow as mollasses (sometimes as low as 50kbps) but it drops out SEVERAL times a day especially during peak hours. I have called Aliant a few times and they are incredibly useless, especially since I know much more about this sort of thing than those silly call centre agents do. (At least I like to think that I do) If this doesn't get sorted out soon I may switch to Eastlink. Does anybody have any comments on the Aliant/Eastlink situation?

4 comments:

Steph said...

YAY! The crib is assembled - I hear that's the hardest part. Thank goodness for grandfathers.

The awesomeness of your socks is almost overshadowed by the awesomeness of your new computer.

Alison said...

Apple know how to make pretty, don't they?

We have Eastlink and have had no issues whatsoever. That said, we've never had Aliant, so I can't compare the two.

Anonymous said...

Pretty computer! Aw, Winston is getting a new baby...(congrats to your sister on crib assembly!)

Those are some great socks - I love the stripes.

We have eastlink and have had few problems...

lulubelle said...

Setting up the nursery is so much fun!
We had Aliant and switched to Eastlink (got a bundle package with cable and phone and internet) when we moved to Dartmouth. I've only had one issue where I needed to call customer service and they were really helpful. The issue was not with the service provider but my computer. I like them.