Sunday, June 17, 2007

Another exciting weekend...well, not really.

Today I managed to take some time away from my soldering lesson preparations, living room rearrangement, and french exam studying to head over to the Atlantic Quilt and Fibre Arts Festival. I have to say that I was quite dissapointed by it really. I guess there was a fair bit there for quilters, but there were only two knitting booths, both of which are stores in the HRM anyway so they were not that exciting. I guess I was hoping for some things that I don't usually see in the stores around Halifax. So, to not make my trip over a complete loss I gave in to the Lantern Moon silk needle case that I had been eyeing. I really should have bought it when Tangled Skiens had their sale. Oh well. Here it is in all it's silken glory.






I also started the two tone shrug from Fitted Knits, except that I am doing it in one tone. It's some Malabrigo that I was smart enough to pick up on sale. It's almost done, I just have to finish off the ribbing. I can't wait to wear it, and if this chilly weather keeps up, I just might get a chance soon! Although, sun would also be nice.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice case!

I really like that shrug too - one colour is definitely the better way to go.

The Ninja Knitter said...

Wow, that's going to be one lovely shrug. I confess to having a weakness for the colour effects of Malabrigo - but it all will add up to something spectacular.

jkleclerc said...

The shrug is almost done, you may see the finished product tommorrow night at the Wired Monk.

Jess said...

Both are very pretty. Can't wait to see the shrug in person.