Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fair-Isle has been conquered.

Colour work is something I had been putting off for quite a while. Last weekend I finally tackled it and now see that it is not as intimidating as I once thought.

Pattern: Fake Isle hat from Magknits which no longer exists.
Yarn: Noro Kureyon and Briggs & Little

This weekend I am going to try to visit my folks in the outskirts of Fredericton. I don't know if it will happen though because of the flooding which is worse than the flood of '73. They have cut power to the downtown core and areas that lie along the river. My parents don't like anywhere near the river, but the transcanada does cross it at Upper Gagetown. Tomorrow night I am going to stay at my boyfriends place in Moncton while he goes to the movies, because he forget I was coming and bought tickets to something he apparently has to see. I have concluded that testosterone somehow inhibits the ability to remember dates, while estrogen enhances the ability to get upset about it.

2 comments:

Cali said...

Love the hat! Looks like you are now a prow at fair isle!

I understand. Men just don't get it. I don't think they are wired to understand. The amount of times I have been ditched for Hockey... lol I understand your pain.

Have fun at your parents. Hopefully they don't get wet!

Anonymous said...

I love the hat! The light/dark colour combo is perfect.

Drive safe around all that water. I remember before the highway was twined near Fredericton. We were driving through one time and the river was just edging up to the highway. It made me very nervous.