Wednesday, August 08, 2007

the Harlot

No, this is not an x-rated post. It's okay, you do not have to send your kids out of the room or worry about getting into trouble for reading it at work. Just so we're clear I am not talking about Paris Hilton, I am talking about the Stephanie Pearl McPhee aka the Yarn Harlot.

Last night the harlot was at the Lord Nelson Hotel in Halifax giving a speech and book signing, which may have well been stand up comedy because she is really THAT funny. Like an idiot, I forgot to pack my camera so I have no pictures, but at least I remembered her book and didn't have to ask her to sign one of my body parts. The KOLers stuck around to get our books signed last and then she mentioned she was heading over to the hotel bar if we wanted to go. So, I had a drink with the Yarn Harlot!

I also was told by the charming Master and Commander of the tall ship Silva that I look like Charlotte from Sex and the City. I suppose that is a compliment. All in a all, a very pleasant evening.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Hey there! I was at the event too. What a fun time. Just wanted to say that I really liked the t-shirts you guys had put together...I thought that was a neat idea. Also, like the background of your blog! (hehe...I have it too :)

Anonymous said...

It DEFINITELY was a compliment. It was a pleasure meeting you!

Anonymous said...

I had to steal photos from other's as well.

I think it would have been hilarious if you had her sign your *insert body part of choice*.

You DO look like Charlotte! And it IS a compliment! (You're very pretty.)