Monday, August 06, 2007

My Vacation to NB

First off, this happened before vacation, but this is what the Captain gave me for my birthday. 4 Sets of knitting needles and note the lantern moon needles on the right. He thought of this gift with no hints from me, pretty smart eh?



Last weekend, July 28th or thereabouts, I went camping with fred and a couple of his friends in northern NB. It poured rain and I am not a huge fan of camping to begin with, not to mention the fact that everybody spoke french and I didn't really catch what was going on most of the time. Anyway, that was only for two days... Here is the travelling duck supervising the pitching of the tent, which only leaked a little.



Gratuitous cat photo time. This is Ratatouille. He is about 2 months old and belongs to Freds roomates, but he is not staying as Captain Fred is allergic and what the captain says goes... poor kitty.




While in Moncton I went out to London-Wul on the Melanson road. It is such a nice shop and the owner is very sweet. They have a lot of their own fibres and yarn as they have their own farm on site. I walked out with some pink mohair, and some angora/alpaca which you would have to touch to really appreciate. If you are ever passing through the Moncton area you must go!



Lastly, I went into the local yarn/ sewing shop in Fredericton just to see if there was anything new and exciting, but not really expecting much. Surprise!! They had a variety of lantern moon bags!!! So this one came home with me. It will look really snazzy at the Yarn Harlot tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

That's an awesome bag and a great boyfriend!

Kitten! Want!

!!! (could I use more exclamation points?)

The Ninja Knitter said...

Stunning scarf kit! And happy belated birthday - great presents, he's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Lantern moon needles? Without crazed hint dropping?

Wow.

I bought some things at the London Wul booth at pacafiesta last year. The owner? So nice.

Elisabeth said...

Beautiful bag! I did a double take when I saw it in your hand at the Harlotry. Lovelylovely!

Also, it sounds like the Captain is a keeper. ;)

I will definitely miss you whilst you're off sailing, and I'm certain I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

Your bag did indeed look lovely.

I heart London-Wul, but even though I'm not that far away from it, I've only been there once, because every other time I've been in the Moncton area somehow happened to be on a Monday, when they are closed. Sob.

Miss Me said...

when the heck did trish get lantern moon bags??? geesh - you miss a lot when you're on vacation! i knew what it was when i saw it but figured that you must have got it in halifax! we're not usually that chic in fred'n.