Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Back so soon?

Well, my three week sea trip was cut down to about 3 days and I returned Monday afternoon. Why, you ask?

The ship was slowly sinking... Yes, we were taking on water around one of the eingine shafts. Thankfully, the engineers aboard are amazing and slowled the water enough for us to get safely back to Halifax. Ideally, the ship should be put in dry dock to be repaired but since the dry docks are full, they are attempting to do it underwater. So I am on standby and things at work are quite hectic!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Geebus! I'm glad you guys made it back to dry land ok!

Was it a little scary or just kinda, "oh, dear me, we seem to be getting lower in the water. huh."?

lulubelle said...

Oh, well there you go. Now I'll never go on a boat out in the oceans.

Hope they fix the problem properly so you can get your work done and stay, uh, un-drowned.