Saturday, May 24, 2008

But, they followed me home...

This morning I woke up around 9 ish and decided to head to the local farmers market to pick up a couple groceries. As anybody in the city knows, if you don't get there before 10 you might as well just not go unless you enjoy December 23rd type mall crowds. As is usually the case, my Saturday morning excursion downtown ends with me buying anything but groceries. (I normally just buy booze)

Specimen number 1. Tanis Fbre Arts hand dyed fingering weight wool from the loop. Everybody else is doing it.



Specimen number 2
Malabrigo Silky Wool from Tangled Skeins. It whispered to me "take me home". Actually, it was more of a shout.



Proof that yarn acquisition is not in vain- a partial FO for your viewing pleasure. Sock number one of the Waving Lace sock in TOFUtsies is fini. Disregard that unweaved in end.


I've been working on some top secret stuff that I can't share with you right now which explains my seemingly slow knitting progress, but all will be revealed in good time.

My new sofa is coming on Thursday. I think a sofa warming party is in order.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I had nothing to do with the Malabrigo. Nothing ;)

I'm up for a little couch warming.

Wait, I mean party.

Anonymous said...

Booze and malabrigo - the stuff dreams are made of.

jkleclerc said...

Moe-

I want that on a T-shirt.

Steph said...

Some people are doing it and keeping it a secret.

heh heh.

jkleclerc said...

Some people are not aware that yarn store owners give their secrets away!!

I know what colour you got...

Cali said...

Mmmm yummy yarn!

Why can't more yarn follow me home these days? :)

I'm in for couch party!