Thursday, May 29, 2008

New place to knit


IMG_0054, originally uploaded by leclerc_jk.

I took this lovely sunny day off from work to await the arrival of my new sofa. They were scheduled to come sometime this morning which meant I was house bound until they showed up. Lucky for me they came around 9. It is a Simmons Hide-a-bed with a chaise at one end. That end will probably be worn out within a month from excessive knitting. It's kind of big for my apartment, which explains why I am standing behind my TV to take this shot.

After that was all set up, I headed over to the sale at Tangled Skeins. I had a gift certificate that I saved just for this, so I came home with some nice stuff. Stuff so nice, I don't even want to talk about it for fear that I will come home from vacation next week to find that my lock has been picked by a small DPN and that my stash has mysteriously disappeared.

Yes, I just said vacation. Saturday I am flying out to visit my sister, niece, Winston and brother-in-law. I will also get to spend some time with an old friend from tech school while I'm there too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH, that is and awesome couch. We need one like that for the TV room.

Cali said...

Love the couch! We will have to have a break-in-the-couch-with lots-of-knitting-and-chatting party :) It looks really comfy.

No pics of yarn? :( I promise I wouldn't steal your stash! I may sneak in just to visit and play with it, but I would never leave with it. (you would just find me curled up on your couch, covered in yarn, and a satisfied smile on my face...) Is that really so bad?

Hope you have fun on your trip!

Cali said...

hee hee I found your yarn pics on your flikr page... beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, nice sofa! Is it microfibre? If so, did you know the cushion covers can go in the washer! On cold! Hang to dry!

That makes me so excited! Because I have a stinky dog!

(I like to pass on the washability info to others in case you have a run in with spilled food or errant animal)

Ahem. Off to check out you your stash on flickr.

Steph said...

Oooooh, th enew couch came in - nice!

I hope you're having a great vacation!