Saturday, July 26, 2008

100th Post

To celebrate my 100th post I finally added these sweet ravelry progress bars.


In other news, I am 10 days into my 28 days of sea life. The past few days we have had lovely weather and things have been relatively quiet for me, except for the other night when I got a call out after I got out of the shower and was in my pajamas and everything. The MVP (moving vessel profiler) which is quite essential to the survey because it gives an accurate speed of sound at different water depths decided to stop commicating. So there I was on the after deck in my ducky pajamas, steel toed boots, bright orange coat and hard had working on this thing. I wish I had a picture of how ridiculous that must have looked. I have diagnosed the problem even though I have never worked on this thing in my life, and the manual for it is missing! I don't have the parts on board though so I am waiting until we go into a port next week to get them. In the meantime we are using the old school gear for sound velocity.



I have been getting some knitting time in the evenings on my Tidal Streams scarf by Ilga Leja. The yarn is Celestial Merino which was given to me by the lovely ninja. Sorry about the flash but it is hard to ger much natural light through a tiny porthole. There's lots of light up on the bridge, but I don't want to unleash all the crazy on the Captain right now. Being the girl on the crew is strange enough, but being the girl who takes pictures of knitted things would be going to far. Although, I would like to take a picture of a sock in progress once we get to Nain and challenge the Yarn Harlot to get a picture of her travelling sock there!




3 comments:

Steph VW said...

Ducky pajamas on the deck? I bet that was a first.

Anonymous said...

Unleash the crazy!

Anonymous said...

Your Tidal Streams scarf is beautiful!!
It is certainly NOT a camo colour. (Even though I'm not sure what the Canadian navy uses for camo colours.) So perhaps it is best not to parade it on deck.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
I am going to Google for the Tidal Streams pattern.