Monday, July 14, 2008

Lava Streams

One of the most stressful things about packing for any trip is deciding which projects to bring and then obsessing about it you have brought enough and if they are appropriate projects for where you are going, etc.   I may be a tad neurotic.  

I decided to do Tidal Streams by Ilga Leja.

It's nice stressfree knitting with an easily memorized pattern.  This stole is knit on the bias to give it lovely drap much like the Clapotis, while sounding less like a disease.  It's coming along so well I have also started a scarf version in Celestial Merino Dream - Aquarius , but I am leaving the ruffle out on this one to sea how it turns out.  


Along with the Scarf and stole I am bringing enough sock yarn for 4 pairs of socks and my Cleopatra wrap that is about half finished. I hope I don't run out. Maybe I will bring some extra dental floss in case I get desperate.

On of the nice things about July...


1 comment:

Steph VW said...

I'm going away for a week and will probably take the same amount of yarn with me.

We'll have to ship yarn to the Coast Guard for you!