Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mending my bad knitting ways...

I finally made it back to KOL this week after being away for a while and met a few new knitters (new to me knitters anyway). After a while one of them asked if I was twisting my stitches in my stockinet. I wasn't doing it on purpose, and after closer inspection we figured out that I twist my purl stitches and I have been doing it all along. It turns out that I taught myself to purl incorrectly. It's too late to change it on the baby blanket and I am not about to start that one over so I guess I will have to live with the twisted stockinet.

Mrs. Yes brought her beautiful new munchkin as well. I held him. He cried. I guess the maternal instincts have not kicked in yet, which is ok considering that the only living thing in my care is a cactus and I don't think that will change in the near future. Besides, I will get to practice not making babies cry on my little neice when she arrives.

I am looking for a good manly hat pattern. I think I'd like to use Manos for it. Any good ideas?

5 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

I had the same issue with purling, I discovered it halfay through the front of the mister's sweater.
Try the Mr.Moe tuque! Very manly, I'm pretty sure you can get the pattern from either Moe or Steph.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

If you are interested, email me (slomoeknits@gmail.com) and I'll send it to you.

I also have patterns for other men's hats...what weight of yarn do you have?

Megan said...

I think that the twisted purl stitches are ingenious! I'm going to steal that method since it gives stocking stitch a little...er..., twist.

lulubelle said...

OK, but now you know how to purl AND you have a lovely and interesting blanket. It looks great in the blanket.
And don't take little mr's upset personally...he was having tummy trouble. Next time I assure you he'll give you a lovely snuggle.

Elisabeth said...

The twist on the baby blanket looks really nice, I think, and there will be no shame in a baby blanket with lovely twisted stockinette sections!
It was lovely to meet you, and I'm going to have to take you up on that Tangled Skeins visit sometime soon!