Friday, May 11, 2007

Sock it to me...

Another finished pair of socks! These are Fleece Artist Merino socks. I based them on the fleece artist sock pattern but I had to invent an Extra Small size and I decided to do ribbing all the way down. This yarn is sooo soft and the colour reminds me of goldfish. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting these ones.



I also started a side project as I was getting board with the baby blanket. I had this Cascade fixation that I picked up in the half price bin at Tangled Skeins and I had cast on Hedera, but it wasn't going well so I frogged it and cast on Broadripple instead.



My knitting ADD is getting the best of me. I still haven't seamed the baby sweater that I knit back in January (I dislike seaming) and I have one purple bootie awaiting a mate, but I have until August to get this stuff done and in the mail before I go to sea. Oh yes, and I promised to knit a hat for a charming cadet I met in the campus bar at the coast guard college. Some people drink and say stupid things, I drink and offer to knit things for people.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Lovely socks.

Heh heh... Normal people drink and end up smooching strange people in bars, knitters end up knitting hats for strangers. It's dangerous.

If you bring the baby sweater (and the pattern) to KOL some night, I'll help you get started on seaming.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I guess I should have been a knitter while in my early 20's. Much more civilized.

Bleh. Seaming.

I cannot get the motivation to finish my socks....your's are lovely!

lulubelle said...

I made that EXACT sock...the Broad Ripple in that same Cascade. I gave them to my mom. The colours look really good in that pattern.

jkleclerc said...

I guess great minds really do think a like, Lesley!

Jess said...

Nice socks! I think I have the same Fleece Artist stuff. I made one sock in a pattern very similar to Hedera, but I haven't got to the second one yet. It's around here somewhere.