Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weekend in Quebec

I somewhat spontaneously decided to put some miles on the car and go to Québec with my father this past weekend to visit some family (my dad grew up in Québec). It was mostly spent visiting said family but I did have a couple hours to spend in Old Québec. I tried to practice my french while I was there and found I did pretty good in the city. One girl in a shoe store didn't even realize that I wasn't from there, which I find surprising since my accent is horrible. But out in Saint Raymond where my Grandmamman lives I went to a restaurant and the waitress couldn't understand me when I ordered a glass of water (une verre d'eau). All in all, the Québecois population are not nearly as snooty as people say they are, but there are always a few...


Here is a cute little street there. I love all the little shops and cafés, it looks so European.



And this is my new car!!! Haha, no, I saw it parked on the street there and had to take a picture. It's a Lamborgini. I wonder if the owner of this car is single?



And of course, the beautiful Chateau Frontenac.


And now I am back home completely sick of driving... for now.

4 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

God I miss Quebec....

Elisabeth said...

I missed you at KOL last night, but I'm glad your away time was well-spent!

Incidentally, what did the waitress think you were asking for? Or was she just being vile?

lulubelle said...

Um, yeah the driver of that car is probably single. He's probably also in his late 40s and balding with a real bad comb-over. Or am I playing into a stereotype?

jkleclerc said...

elisabeth - She just didn't understand me at all. I don't think she was being vile, just very blonde.