Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ontario Trip: The travelling duck strikes again

The travelling duck has been MIA for quite a while now, but has recently resurfaced to take a trip to Ontario with me. For those of you who don't know, the travelling duck went to Europe with my friend and has accompanied me at sea a few times. The first day/night of our trip was spend at an old friend's place right downtown Ottawa. Here the travelling duck is enjoying the view of a little courtyard in the byward market area.



The relaxation didn't last too long before the travelling duck had to the face the Monty Python killer rabit slipper!!! He keeps his cool throughout the attack until the rabit finally gives up after remembering the number that the last rubber toy did on his digestive tract. The killer bunny slippers were a birthday gift from my friend.



The next thrill came when the duck faced the meanest beast of all...Winston! What a challenge!



And here is my DQ birthday cake. Yummy.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmm...beer cake. Homer Simpson's dream.

Hope you had a good b-day. Did you steal Winston?

Elisabeth said...

Wow--love the duck, love the slippers, fear the dreaded beast! (Also the cake is fantastic!) That's life on the edge, yo. ;)

(Seriously, that's the best footwear since "Freudian Slippers")

Also, I'm winging the Boba Fett pattern as a plushie for a friend. It's a couple years late, and this friend is several degrees of sainted by now, but when I do finish him up I'm going to write the pattern down for his adoring fangirls. ;) In the meantime, he has been sneaking around Halifax with me. The guy on the ferry thought he was a microphone. Boba != amused.

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome trip. Sending Winston some love...he's so cute.

Those slippers are awesome.

I love DQ cake.