Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring is around the bend?

It better be because I have started my spring cleaning. Today I dropped off three bags and a box of stuff to the Salvation Army, and I organized my stash and knitting area (my whole living room). Maybe it is not so much spring cleaning as "my boyfriend is away for the next month and I need something productive to do besides sulk cleaning", but that name is just too long.

I also took a drive out to Tantallon to go to the Basket of Yarn and check it out. I saw on the website that she is doing a Fair Isle class which I have been waiting to learn so I signed up. I have already done my homework. It's a nice little shop and she has a couple things that I have not seen in town, like a good selection of Briggs and Little, laceweight Malabrigo (beautiful!!) and some hand dyed from Chile that I forget the name of. There was also a cat sleeping in a basket.

I finished and photographed my Colinette Jitterbug socks. I have heard that this yarn bleeds very bad when washed. I have not washed or worn them yet, so we shall see how they hold up.


Just as I am writing this my smoke detector goes off because I burnt the pizza I had in the oven. Maybe I should be taking a cooking class too.

1 comment:

Cali said...

I understand your, keep yourself busy to forget that he's gone, tactic.

Dave doesn't have to go to sea often, but when he does I find myseslf cleaning a lot. He is leaving for the month on the 7th. I am already looking for projects to occupy my time.