Sunday, March 30, 2008

Proof.

Proof that I have been knitting. I haven't been posting a whole lot lately.

This is the humble beginning of the Dovetail Pullover from the latest issue of Interweave. I had bought this Cascade 220 superwash for another project but it wasn't working out so it has been retasked. I have very little cable experience but so far all is going well.





I have been working on this one a while now. It's the Cleopatra Wrap from Sensual Knits in Alpaca Cloud. Whenever I work on it I can't help thinking that it would be a nice "something blue". Maybe if I pack it away for 20 years it will get it's chance.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

For some reason I wasn't that impressed with the Dovetail Pullover in the magazine, but I absolutely love how it looked knitted up in that rich red Cascade! I think I'm just biased against knitted things in spring magazines. It looks beautiful, as does that Cleopatra Wrap! Well done!

(Oddly enough, the Dovetail Pullover cabling reminds me of my current cable project, Chevalier Mittens with the ribbing becoming absorbed by long diagonal cables. I really like that look!)

Anonymous said...

I agree, the dovetail pullover in red is divine!

Cali said...

For someone that "doesn't do much cable work" that looks great!!! I am jealous of the cable skills!

Steph said...

heh heh - something blue. I'm sure you'll need it before 20 years have passed.