Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring is here!

Spring Knitty is here. Spring weather comes and goes here on the East coast. I predict a honey comb and yosemite will be in my future.

This weekend I am planning on going to Gaspereau Valley Fibres for the first time ever. I know some of you had a negative experience there, but I have to go see for myself. I'm hoping to stop by the Grand Pre winery while I'm in the neighborhood too, so if any body would like me to pick up some yarn and vino (I highly recommend L'Acadie Blanc) for them let me know. (Applies only to people who know me in real life)

I have been a delinquent blogger or late. It's not that I have not been knitting though, I have just not been photographing. Also, I got a new RPG for the PS2 that has me hooked.

When I go home for easter my cousin is going to cut a 11 or 12 inches of my hair off. Yikes! I am enjoying my last few days with it before it gets a new home in a wig for somebody undergoing chimo. I've been talking about doing this for a while. It's the only reason I have let my hair grow so long, and I am shocked at the amount of people who do NOT say "Wow, that's a really great thing to do". Instead, I here more "Why would you cut your hair?!?" Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very jealous, GVF AND Grand Pre??? You're going to love it! And I love the tops in Knitty, I have a feeling Marjorie and Yosemite will end up in my WIP basket.

Cali said...

So impressed with your courage to cut your hair! I have thought about doing it a lot... but it took so long to grow :).

Love the two patterns. I was crazy giddy last night when I saw that Knitty had new patterns. (I think there actually was some squealing) I now have a couple more on my want to knit list.

Steph said...

Once you've gone to all the poo-poo shi-shi places in the Valley, you must also go to Joe's Emporium and eat some really greasy food. The potato skins are awesome there...

I think that what you're doing with your hair is wonderful. My mom had a real-hair wig when she was going through chemo. They matched it to her hair colour - a pretty easy thing to do as her hair was white!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You have pretty hair, I'm sure its future adoptive parent will love it.