Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pacafiesta 2008

This is my first Pacafiesta. It was a little smaller than what I was expecting, but there was still lots of yummy yarn and cute Alpacas.


I came home with two skeins of sea silk from the Black Lamb. They are based in Ontario and use the same supplier as the Fleece Artist so they have a lot of the same yarns. The woman sounded slightly bitter over this and pointed out that she used that supplier first.



These two skeins are from a handsome Alpaca named Winston! He lives in New Brunswick. I had to have it because of my sister's dog who is also named Winston and is quite lovable. Winston the Alpaca seemed much less needy then the canine who bears the same name.



The lovely ladies from the Loop had a booth set up where I saw this and fell in love with it even though I do not spin. It came home with me.



And so did this. Now I just have to figure out how to work it. Morgan suggested that vertically challenged folks should wear high heels to spin. Finally I have a use for those painful high heeled boots I bought at Also years ago.


And finally, an FO! Dovetail Pullover by Kathy Zimmerman from Spring 2008 Interweave Knits. It was done in 5 skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash that I got at the Loop last winter. The sleeves are kinda big and I have not blocked or washed it yet so I am thinking it will all be a little big. I think it will still be quite cozy though.

4 comments:

Steph VW said...

Oh love the new seasilk. It's such a pretty colour. And Winston looks very pretty too.And then there's your sweater!

It's too much. I'm overloaded.

Sorry I bailed on you today. Andrew and I did a bunch of housework (guests coming while I'm away) and ran a couple errands at the mall (OMG - what a pit of human misery that place is on the weekend!)

Valerie said...

sorry we missed you yesterday.

sweater looks great! It will be a nice one for snuggling up in.

I almost bought something at that Black Lamb booth when I picked up a bag of roving to look at. She pretty much snatched it back and put it in back in the bucket. Apparently I was to look and not touch. So I didn't buy.

Cali said...

The sweater looks great on you!!!

Anonymous said...

La la la...looking at your yarn...

Then POW! Sweater! *whistle* You look awesome in it (even though I can't see your head - which is ok because I can picture it).