Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tidal Streams

I am way behind on my blogging, but for now a couple FO's to tide you over.

While I was away I did two versions of Ilga Leja's Tidal Streams.  

First, I did the stole version in Estelle Arequipa.  I followed the pattern exactly and used just over one skein.  The deeper colour gives this stole a very different look than the sample on the pattern, so instead of calling this one tidal streams, I call it Lava Streams.  It drapes beautifully because of the bias knitting.


For the second version I did a scarf in Celestial Merino Dream, but I left out the ruffle and instead of only doing the number of repeats suggested in the pattern, I kept knitting until I ran out.  After blocking, my scarf is 80 inches long!  It doesn't have quite the same drape without the ruffle, but I am still pleased with the results. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling so drawn to dark dramatic colours and ruffles - gorgeous. Perfect timing for fall!