Tuesday, December 04, 2007

And the amazing luck continues

As many of you know, Halifax got a lot of snow last night and then some rain, so this morning things were a slushy mess. Also, I still have my all seasons on because I store my tires at my folks place and wanted to change then when I was home in November, but my lock nut key had been misplaced. Now I have a new lock nut key (Portland Street Honda Service Dept is great btw), but still not winter tires. I was hoping that the weather would hold off until after christmas like it did last year. Anyway, I was mentally prepared for a hard commute to work this morning. It was slow moving but pretty good. Then when I was coming down the driveway to my workplace and tapped the breaks coming down a little hill I lost control and slid into a snowbank, right outside work. I am glad it was the snowbank and not the oncoming truck. Also, I was amazed while shovelling myself out at the amount of people who drove by and did not stop to help!!! Obviously some people have not seen the Ninja's pay it forward blog posts recently.

Anyway, I have decided not to leave the house anymore.

Here Anna is reinacting my mood this morning.

4 comments:

The Ninja Knitter said...

Oh dear...I'm so sorry about hearing about your misadventures. Hopefully your luck will turn presto change-o. Btw, you don't have to do a good deed everyday that you enter for the draws, only the winner of the day does. Heck...not kicking some of the cars that drove by you today would count as a good deed. ;)

I swear, on the days this winter that it snows more than 2 cm, I'm putting myself on bedrest until the snow melts.

Anonymous said...

That picture cracks me up. Its the expression on their faces. Kills me.

Steph said...

Oh no! What a way to start your work day!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I recall posting a long nasty rant around this time last year about the lack of goodwill people exhibit. Sad to see things aren't getting any better. Good to see The ninja knitter trying to make a difference...
BTW, that is the cutest baby I've seen since mine were that small! :)