Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Skin of the Sea and early Christmas events

This year, some of my Christmas celebrations had to come early as Fred is now at sea for the holidays. Alright, who am I really kidding. I always celebrate Christmas for about 3 months every year. Anyway, he got to spend about a week in Halifax before sailing away. While he was here we made Christmas cookies.



We also went out to dinner at Opa's before exchaning gifts. Here I am in my Christmasy shirt all set to go out.



I started Ilga Leja's Skin of the Sea a couple weeks ago. I reached the blocking stage last night. After this, I will just have to seam the shoulders and pick up some stitched around the collar and down the front. I think I got the guage off because it seems like it is going to be pretty big. It will come down past my hips, which I don't think it's supposed to do.



I also picked up the Perl Grey Imogen sweater kit on the weekend. It's Green/Blue/ Yellow. I am not sure if it the Rainforest or Nova Scotia colourway, but it is lovely.

2 comments:

FrozenExtremities said...

It's a long vest, don't worry. The model is pretty tall in the photo.
Love the Christmassy shirt!

Elisabeth said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Those Christmas cookies are making me hungry!