Thursday, December 06, 2007

Charity knitting anyone??

I know you all busy with those last minute Christmas projects right now, but after all that settles down and you are wondering what to do next here is a suggestion.
I went to a meeting last night of the Canadian Cancer Society volunteer organization. I asked if they had any use for donations of knitted hats,etc and they do! Downtown they run a place called the Lodge that Gives. Basically, if you are from out of town and need to have treatments in Halifax this is a place to stay. Not only is it a warm bed, but they organize activities and offer much needed support to patients. They have a gift shop there that sells hand knits and gives profits back to the lodge. I was told dishclothes sell especially fast, as well as hats, mittens and scarves. So, if any of you would like to donate a couple things you could drop them off at the Lodge that Gives or give them to me at KOL and I will see that they get there.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Julie. I walk past there all the time, it's in my part of town. I think that I might just whip up some dischloths for them.

The Ninja Knitter said...

Aye, I'm in. Cotton dishcloths sound ok? Or would woolen hats be better?

jkleclerc said...

I'm sure dishclothes or whatever else you can give would be appreciated.

I also got permission from the author to use this dafodill pattern. http://home.earthlink.net/~oscarsdotter/id2.html (you have to scroll down)

The dafodill is the symbol for the CCS.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Hi. I'm in, too. Great idea and local, which is even better.